Whiskey Bacon Flavored Pumpkin Seeds
Happy Fall! Today we’re talkin’ Whiskey Bacon Flavored Pumpkin Seeds. It does not get any better than that. What’s more fun than making a snack out of a craft?! So grab a couple of pumpkins with your punkin’ and get to carving!
Once you are done carving and have created some great pumpkins here is what you can do with those seeds instead of just throwing them out.
First, snap some pics of your pumpkin and use the #MPPumpkin and share it on Facebook or Instagram! Next, take all of your pumpkin seeds and follow these instructions!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 ½ cup of fresh pumpkin seeds
½ cup of whiskey
2 tbsp of bacon drippings
1 tbsp of brown sugar
2 tbsp of salt
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. This is the perfect time to get some tunes going or put on your favorite fall or Halloween movie. (Hocus Pocus anyone?)
- While the oven is preheating, cook up some bacon so you can use the leftovers or “drippings” to add into the mixture. Perfect time to make you a nice drink… wink wink…
- Grab a sauce pan and stir in seeds, whiskey, bacon drippings and brown sugar and cook them on a medium – low heat. This is when you snack on some bacon and sip on some whiskey…
- Bring to a simmer and cook until seeds begin to turn gray (15-20 minutes)
- Drain everything into a colander. Go ahead and fix you another drink… you deserve it
- Spread drained seeds into a baking sheet and season with salt
- Roast in oven until crisp golden brown (60-90 minutes) Now while you’re waiting sit down and enjoy a movie, some time with loved ones, or head on over to www.millerspoint.comand treat yo’ self!
Enjoy! Make sure to snap pictures and let us know how these pumpkin seeds turned out! We love hearing from our customers.